Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Heading Home...


The day has arrived to go home, go home to Lee Ann, go home to a normal way of life, go home to family and friends, go home to a big bed and a nice shower, go home to a clean house where my things are my things. Go home to TV, to walks in the neighborhood, to studying at Asbury, to my final year as an MDiv student. There is so much to go home to that will become normal in just a few weeks, but there are many things that are left behind as well. Even though I’m excited to be going home I think the things that I will miss the most are serving with the youth and adults in Cortex. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the participants and helping them make a difference in the community of Cortez. My prayer is that they were touched deep in their heart in a real way as they ministered to the poor, the sick and the needy. I will miss getting to meet different homeowners and getting to tell them that a group of 10-12 young people will be coming to paint their house. They got so excited at the thought of people coming from all over the country to Cortez to paint their house. They were so very hospitable as they gave what they could to these young people to show their appreciation and thanks for what they came there to do. The homeowners didn’t have much, but what they had, they gave with a glad heart. I do believe that YouthWorks is making a difference Cortez. They have been there seven years now and changes are continuing to happen all over the place, from Cortez, Deloras, Mancos and even in Towyac. God is in the midst of ministry happening in Cortez, but the thing is, is that ministry has been happening before we and YouthWorks got their and will be happening far after we are gone. We have been privileged to just be apart of ministry in this area. God has blessed Tony, Anna, Amanda and myself as we have been His vessel this summer. It has been a pleasure and an honor to serve with them this summer.
As I head to Atlanta is a few minutes I have been reflecting on what this summer has meant, but now it is time to look ahead to what God wants of me in this next year. There will be a lot going on, with some things I can’t divulge right now, but I do know that God is in the middle of my relationships and I continue to trust that He will guide myself and Lee Ann in His ways. I’m excited to see what those plans are and to share those plans with family and friends.

1 comment:

The Lockharts said...

Drewbie... I miss you and am so excited to hear about your summer (via your blog). Next time you come home you need to bring your girl so we all can meet her (I am so happy for you!). Check out our blog... www.brittonandkim.blogspot.com