Saturday, July 7, 2007

God is BiGGer!!!!!........


It has been a wonderful week. There were youth groups here from Texas, Washington, California, Minnesota and Arizona. We all had a tremendous time in ministry both at kids club and at wok projects as they took time out of their lives to play with the kids and paint a few houses. I think it is just incredible to see how a person’s life is changed just because they have taken the time to help out another person.

I’m always reminded what my mother always says “ Be on your best behavior no matter where you may go, you never know who you are going to run into, and you never know who is going to know your mother, and they will tell her how you been acting.” Well, I don’t know if this count, but the group from Minnesota is from Hopkins. Hopkins in the next town over from Deephaven where I lived for 2 years of my life. I lived there in 1975-1976 and went to school at Deephaven elementary. Paul was an Adult leader from the church in Hopkins and went to elementary school there as well. So did Mollie and in fact she lives about 3 minutes from that area. She is going back and try and find the house and send pictures back. It really is a small world and you really have to be nice to everyone, because you don’t know who is going to know your mother.

God’s hand is in everything that we do, I’m thoroughly convinced of that. I don’t think anything happens by chance or accident and nothing is coincidence. I believe God continually puts people in our path to encourage us, to minister to us, to correct us. I also believe that I have been all there to other people for that same purpose. God knows that we all need encouraging, correcting and ministering to every day and I am so grateful that He has put friends and family in my life for these purposes.

I am about to fall over. It has been a good week, but a long one at that. I am so drained by the end of the week that I just want to fall into a so called bed. Today I haven’t been that lucky enough to get a nap after the groups left. Most Fridays we take an hour or maybe two to rest before starting our other duties for the day, but I didn’t take that opportunity today. We went shopping for food for next weeks participants, you should of seen the looks we always get at Wal-Mart when we are coming out of there with 12 shopping carts full to the brim with food. It is a great way to tell our story and what we are doing in Cortez. Everyone that we tell is all amazed at what we are doing and are grateful we are here. It is so nice to hear what people in the stores and on the streets is saying about us. My prayer is that our actions and our words encourage others to make the same commitment to this town as we have. I would hate ministry to just stop once we have left the area on August 5th. But God is bigger than that and certainly bigger than I could ever be. There is no reason to think that ministry will stop happening once we are gone. God we call others to service, weather it be by action or word, God will get His message through to those who have not been blessed by accepting Him as their Lord and Savior. I love Thursday night clubs because it gives us an opportunity to pray for the youth on an individual basis. This is a time students can be real, to let down their barriers and to open up to what the Lord has for them. I am so exhausted after this brief 15 minutes and I know it is a good thing because the Holy Spirit has been moving through me to touch the lives of these students.

Lee Ann is on her way to Jamaica for two weeks in country for a mission trip with youth, college age, and adults. She has been looking forward to this for along time. A lot of preparation has been put into this and I know it will be a great time for her and the people on the trip. Missions are her passions and it is so encouraging to see that she is doing what she loves. She is getting the opportunity to preach a revival service for four nights while she is there. I’m so proud of her for taking the opportunity of ministering and preaching to the people of Jamaica. I am going to miss talking to her for a couple of weeks, but it is a small sacrifice to make for ministry. God is so good for equipping her with the talent to preach, teach and to minister. Praise be to God!!!!

No comments: